LOST writer Carlton Cuse, along with Ugly Betty writer were a part of a TV and Film Forum in China to discuss their shows and answer some questions about the industry.
Here is a little summary of the key moments from Cuse including some of the spoilers he revealed for Season 5. There is also a tidbit about OGR at Comic-Con.
Thanks to EJ for the details and the heads up about the videos.
1) Jack v Locke (Science v. Faith) - One of the fundamental themes of show. In Season 5 Jack will become more a Man of Faith and Locke will become more a Man of Science. Locke believes his destiny is tied to this island. This will be a story line that we will explore in the upcoming seasons.
2) We will learn what happened to Locke and the others. Also, now what is Locke's destiny since he is in "charge" of the island? He has committed his destiny to this island and thinks that it will lead him to enlightenment. We will eventually see if he is right or not.
3) Locke's story is not over. There is a famous guy named Jesus Christ that was resurrected.
4) We already know what our path is and people make mistakes in theories, because there is no simple answer and they do not have enough information
5) Sawyer is his favorite: Handsome, charming and dangerous, everything he would want to be.
6) He gives a shout out to Skaters and Jaters and then mentions that we call them Darlton. Kate will end up with one of the two eventually.
7) New LOST interactive game start at Comic-Con, register to become a member of Dharma Initiative. Depending on how you do on the test you will be a Physicist, Chemist, or even a Workman.
8) Production starts in August and Season 5 will air from January to May 2009.
9) Talks a about Piracy, online downloading, some things about writing and more.
10) Does being a producer affect your story writing? No, we write first with out being a producer and then put on producers "hat". Explains this is the reason why we got an extra hour for Season 4 finale. Do not want to censor themselves as producers.
11) Discusses picketing during the writers strike and why it happened.
NOTE: LOST info is spread over both clips and some information for Ugly Betty mixed in.