LOST Spoilers - DarkUFO

The show's stars offer teases about the May 23rd series finale

With the recent deaths of Sun, Jin, Sayid and Charles Widmore, not to mention Kate’s shooting and Richard’s projection by Smokey into the jungle, I was starting to worry that none of my favorite Lost characters were going to end up with happy endings. But I’ve found new hope after several of the show’s stars offered me some encouraging teases about the ABC drama’s two and a half hour May 23 series wrap-up.

When I asked Scotty Caldwell, who plays Rose, to pick her favorite death scene, she looked at me like I was oblivious.

“Who died?” she asked. “They’re dead??” Hmm….What are we to make of this? Could the characters’ flashsideways lives possibly be the ones that stick? Prodded further, Scotty hinted that all of the characters “get what we gave” and are taken care of in the end.

Adds Nestor Carbonell (Richard), “The whole finale is all about everyone’s resolutions.”

And get this. When I asked Sonja Walger, who plays Penny, to tell me who gets the best ending, she said rather cryptically, “We all do and you’ll see why.” While Rebecca Mader (Charlotte) concurs, “All of us” are well served, Michael Emerson singles out his character’s ending out as perhaps the best.

“All vanity aside, I love the way Ben ends,” says Michael. “It’s true to his entire, ambiguous arc. He sort of ends and he sort of doesn’t end.”

But Scotty also tells me that more than one ending was shot. “I’m not absolutely sure about the final hows, wheres and whens because they shot more than one,” she says. “So I’ll be waiting like everyone else to see what they air.”

And according to one well-placed source, the finale, titled "The End," may not be the ultimate ending of the story. I’m hearing twenty additional minutes of story (not just deleted footage or an alternate ending) will be included in the season six DVD to be released August 24, along with what executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse say will be some pretty spectacular packaging show fans will be unable to resist.

Source: TV Guide Magazine

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus