LOST Spoilers - DarkUFO

Thanks to everyone who emailed me this.

TVGuide.com: We're sneaking this Q&A in just before the producers lower a "cone of silence" onto the cast members, at least until you have filmed the season finale. Pretty crazy, huh?
Elizabeth Mitchell: Yeah, pretty much! Once again, it's one of those highly secret, highly crazy, "You think it's one thing but it's another thing" kind of endings. There are still about six pages missing [from the finale script] that only the people involved in it have.

TVGuide.com: I'm worried now, that you don't have those six pages.
Mitchell: [Laughs] I didn't have the six pages last time, or the time before that. I was like, "Tell me, tell me! No, don't tell me."

TVGuide.com: It seems like these next nine episodes will be a lot to digest.
Mitchell: They will. "LaFleur" was one of those little "eyes of the storm." You've been storming, you've been storming, you get to the middle and you're like, "Oh, it's not so bad. It's kind of nice here! I'll wait around here and take a deep breath." And then you start right in. It should be pretty exciting.

TVGuide.com: What went through your mind as you learned of the Juliet-Sawyer love story?
Mitchell: There's my initial feelings, my middle feelings, and then my feelings now. At first, Josh [Holloway] and I were like, "Nuh-uh! That's never going to work!"

TVGuide.com: But surely you had an inkling they'd go that way, after the storylines got split.
Mitchell: I think I even said, "I don't think that sounds like a very good idea at all." But then as the season went along, I realized there were these little asides and glances... Both Josh and I were like, "We don't know about this." But luckily — and I mean this very, very sincerely — it became something I'm very happy with. Josh turned to me the other day and said, "Hey, that's pretty good huh?" I said, "Yeah, it kinda works!"

TVGuide.com: But even if you did see this hook-up coming, one could never have predicted the weight given to it via time-travel.
Mitchell: Josh and I were sitting in a canoe, doing a scene, and I said, "You know, they're not going to have us have mad, passionate love up against a tree. They're probably going to, like, have us already have been married for three years." He was like, "No, they're not going to do that. That's just ridiculous." So when he got the ["LaFleur"] script, he was like, "That's creepy!"

TVGuide.com: Do you feel cheated or honored to get clean-shaven Sawyer?
Mitchell: Oh, very honored - but I kinda get both, because we're always flashing [through time]. He's kind of ridiculously good-looking regardless of what he does, so I try not to concentrate on that too much.

TVGuide.com: Has it been in the back of Juliet's head that Kate could return to the island someday?
Mitchell: Yeah, I do think it's been there. But I also think that at some point in time, because three years is so long, she actually came to believe that maybe this might work. Maybe that came to her just in the last two months before [Kate, Jack et al] showed up, but for the first time in her life there was a grain of hope. So I think that it's very sad for her.

TVGuide.com: Does any insecurity register on Juliet when she first learns Kate is back?
Mitchell: I think so. Juliet is torn in a lot of different directions. She's torn that Kate is there, I think she's torn over how Sawyer is going to respond to it.... It's very telling that he doesn't saying anything at first about Kate being there. Juliet's just busy reading him, but of course there must be massive worry about [Kate's return].

TVGuide.com: Juliet, in turn, must have her own reaction to seeing Jack again.
Mitchell: She does. She does have a reaction. It will be very interesting to see how people feel about their moments together.

TVGuide.com: What are Juliet's priorities now?
Mitchell: Juliet has a couple of priorities, one of which of course is being in love, and that's figuring quite heavily in the writers' minds. And there's always the thing of, "How do I get my life back? How do I keep my sister and her child safe?" They are in this eye of the storm, this little hiatus, and that's new for her. Good lord, she's working in the motor pool, so she's not even trying to save lives! For the first time in her life, she's quite peaceful and living. Now it's becoming a matter of survival again.

TVGuide.com: When I spoke to Reiko Aylesworth (Amy), she seemed to hint that the Purge is imminent, though it would seem to be a few years away. Is that anything the characters talk about?
Mitchell: We mention it a couple times, but isn't it still a little bit down the road? Ben was so much older. He's only 11 now, and when the Purge happened and he killed his father, he was like 17.

TVGuide.com: And 11-year-old Ben is lurking around somewhere...
Mitchell: Of course he's there. He has to be. So it will be very interesting to see how that goes.

TVGuide.com: Speaking Latin must have been one of the hardest things you've had to do for the show.
Mitchell: But you know what, I liked it. Part of me is kind of a brainiac so I thought it'd be cool if I spoke Latin anyway. There's that joy where you're talking to someone and all of a sudden you break off [into an unexpected language]. So yeah, it was difficult, but I thought it was pretty awesome!

Source: TV Guide

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus