LOST Spoilers - DarkUFO

Thanks to Greekcharmed for the heads up.

'SOME LIKE IT HOTH''
Last week I dared to hope for all-time greatness — and my wish came true. So should I be bracing for a letdown, even a small one, from tonight's Lost outing? Or should I just chill and let Lost be what Lost will be? Option 2 sounds more mature...but where's the fun in that? Bring on the outrageously unrealistic expectations! Bring fire to my dead, cold heart! Make me feel alive!

(Ahem.)

Tonight's flashback spotlight falls on Miles Straume, the hot-headed hustler capable of talking to the dead. Will we learn the origin of his powers? Will we learn why his parents gave him a name that sounds like ''maelstrom,'' a Nordic term for ''whirlpool?'' Will we learn why he's such a Mr. Snarky Cranky Pants? Recall earlier this season how Daniel Faraday wondered if his freaky freighter friend had been to the Island before; might Miles be Pierre Chang's infant child all grown up? If so, did Young Master Sixth Sense spend any time in Room 23, à la Walt? FUN FACT FROM THE WORLD OF CONSPIRACY THEORY LORE! Time-traveling Miles is currently parked in 1977 — the same year that the Senate conducted an investigation into a secret CIA project called MKULTRA, which conducted research into brainwashing, mind-control, and even psychic powers. Heavy drugs were involved. And allegedly kids were used as test subjects. Very Room 23, if you ask me.

A couple months ago, when I visited the set of Lost, I had the opportunity to interview the actor who plays Miles, Ken Leung, a thoughtful, soft-spoken dude who digs the show's deep, spiritual themes and sci-fi/supernatural twists. Leung told me his early days working on the show were challenging due to the lack of info about his character. ''I was kind of just lost for a while,'' says the actor. ''It's a unique show in the sense that part of the point is that you're not equipped with the answers. So, you kind of have to learn to do without that, do without the answers that maybe you are accustomed to. So, that was hard. Not a bad kind of hard, but it took some figuring out. And now, I've just sort of accepted it in a way that I hadn't before, so it's more fun in that sense.'' To hear more from our man Miles, press play on the video below.

Read Full Article

Source: EW

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus