LOST Spoilers - DarkUFO

Update: 26th August Massive thanks to Magic Box for this full translation.
Somerhalder tells us about his role, a real antithesis to a certain Edward Cullen...

Tell us about Damon, your character...
Damon is the kind of vampire we would not want to cross paths with. He's a demoniac and malefic being who attempts to corrupt his brother and push him into feeding from humans once again. Damon et Stefan are more enemies than brothers since the death of their respective loved ones, who transformed them both into vampires over 140 years ago. And when these two again fall in love, this time around with the same young woman, things will really turn bad between them...

Would you say that Damon is an anti-Edward Cullen?
Yes, absolutely. Anyway, from the little I know about the character of Edward. For I'll let you in on a secret, I've never seen Twilight... I've heard a lot about it, though, and know the general story lines. And I know that Vampire Diaries will be different from Twilight. What we've shot so far is very intense, very physical, sometimes even brutal...

Without Twilight, there would probably be no Vampire Diaries...
Yes, and we are conscious of this. Twilight is a phenomenon the like of which we rarely see, and I'm not complaining about this because thanks to it, I could make a return on the small screen. So, thank you, Twilight! [laughs]. Promise I'll soon catch up and rent the DVDs to see what it's all about. However, to those who think that Vampire Diaries is but a pale copy of Twilight, I want to remind that L.J. Smith's books, from which the show is adapted, were written before Stephenie Meyer's...

Do vampires from Vampire Diaries possess particular powers?
When Damon and Stefan are happy to merely feed on small animals such as squirrels and bunnies, their powers are quasi non-existent, even though they possess a natural extraordinary strength. But when they drink human blood, their powers are increased tenfold. For instance, my character can control people's minds. He's a master at mental manipulation. But when he can't get what he wants, he can become really angry...

In spite of his demonic side, will we get to love your character?
I hope so! Damon is the kind of person that is morally appalling, but that we can't help to love. In any case, it's my job to turn him into someone we don't want to see disappear. Beyond his cruelty, he also possesses a lot of charm and doesn't come without a sense of humour, somewhat like Spike in Buffy. Anyway, for me it's kind of orgasmic to personify such a character. With that kind of role, we can really get loose and not take ourselves too seriously. I'm having fun!

There are talks about Boone eventually returning to LOST. True or false?
It's not false. I've recently met with Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, the creators of the show, and they've asked me to come back for an episode or more. When they told me that, I jumped in the air. LOST remains my best experience as an actor, and my departure was really traumatising for me. I don't know in what form or shape Boone will be back, and I don't care. Nothing could have pleased me more than to take part of the last season of the show that has brought me so much. I've already prepared my luggage! [laughs].


Thanks to Franzo for the following.

Hi Dark! Today in the new French magazine “Séries Mag”, there is an interview with Ian Somerhalder, and he speaks about his return in LOST:

He says that his return is quite true, that he met Carlton and Damon recently, and that they asked him to return the time of one or more episodes. When they have advertisement to him that, he jumped to the ceiling, because LOST remains its best experiment as an actor and his departure of the series had traumatized him. He does not know at all how Boone will return, in which form, but it makes fun about it. Nothing could please more to him than to take part in the last season of this series which brought to him so much. His addition which he already prepared his bag of voyages for Hawaii! (lol)

Sorry for my English, I’m French lol, Bye, Franzo

Source: Franzo via Series Mag

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus