LOST Spoilers - DarkUFO

Jorgia Garcia Interview

,

Thanks to Achaeus for the info.

Actor Jorge Garcia talks about season four of ABC's hit, snooping around the set, and his favorite theories about what is going on in the show.

[Some slight spoilers for those who are not up-to-date with Lost, read at your own risk!]

In a cast as expansive as ABC's Lost, it takes more than just a decent acting performance to stand out from the rest. Jorge Garcia, who portrays Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, has seen his character go from middling comic relief in season one to one of the primary pieces of the show's main story in the fourth season.
Garcia as Hurley.

Garcia as Hurley.

Hurley has powers that others do not (he is one of the few who can see Jacob's cabin), he's one of the Oceanic Six, and he was the only who had the stones to respect Charlie's final warning. Garcia has risen to the challenge admirably, squaring off with Emmy nominees Terry O'Quinn (John Locke) and Michael Emerson (Benjamin Linus) in last week's episode and delivering one of the season's most stirring performances after losing his best friend.

With Lost's fourth-season finale airing tomorrow, TV.com caught up with Garcia to talk about the season so far, the three-hour finale, and how he's just as much a fan of the show as we are.

TV.com: Let's get to the nitty-gritty. How does one move an island?

Jorge Garcia: Yeah. I am not totally sure how one moves an island. In fact, I was poking around [the set] because I think they are shooting that today. They definitely wanted more out of a scene of moving-island stuff. I was poking around and looking at different set pieces and different big rooms trying to figure out what they were, because I don't work in the studio a lot.

When I go to the studio, I always like to look around and see what's set up. And you'll find like the engine room from inside the freighter is set up in one spot. And there's stuff that I didn't [recognize], and I say, "Ooh, I don't know what this is but it's a bookshelf with DHARMA books on it." And I was like, "What's this, is it another Marvin Candle movie?" I try to open doors, and I try to figure out what certain areas are. Then I get my phone out and I take pictures in front of stuff, and I just try and figure that stuff out.

TV.com: So, you get to poke around the set... You're just as curious as all of us Lost fans?

Jorge Garcia: Absolutely. I'm really curious about that stuff. Then I wait until I see that same thing on the TV show, and I'm like, "Oh, there it is."

Continue ReadingTV.COM

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus